Well, after having our flight cancelled to Chicago I spent all afternoon on Wednesday to get us on another flight as our reservations were non-refundable! We did get one and apparently were lucky since they cancelled 1000 flights out of Chicago that day due to ice storms. Anyways, we flew to Denver, then Washington Dulles, THEN Orlando. We left 1 hour later than originally and arrived 7 hours after we'd planned. Therefore, we missed the shuttle to the rental car place, had to rent a van for one day, drive 1 hour to New Smyrna and our Condo! We got there at 2:30am! Then the next morning we had to listen to the timeshare speal, which we were NOT interested in! Then we drove back to the airport to pick up our already paid for rental vehicle!! SIGH!! What a day. We didnt accomplish much the first couple days! We did walk along the ocean and swim in the pool, we drove past the Daytona Speedway, where they were selling parking spaces in the Home Depot parking lot for $25! Guess you dont want to shop that week! Actually I think they close the stores when the races are on so they CAN sell the parking spaces! It is really really crazy! We didnt go to the race altho Ash would've loved to but we didnt get tickets 6 months ago and supposedly there are lots of scalpers but most of the tickets that way are fakes! So we just drove by and waved!!
This was a moose in the Calgary Airport!
Finally we're OFF! I love this picture, I have one just like it from when we went to Qatar with just Waylon & Ash in it!
Look, THEY arent FIGHTING!!!
The VIEW!!
The playground at our Condo. They were in Heaven!
Zane chasing sea gulls! Only he got his foot wet in the freezing cold Ocean and was mighty upset! 
The outdoor playplace at McDonalds! I loved it best! I think that was the most sun I seen in the first 3 days!

^ Ash thought these banners behind planes were only in the Archie's!!We rode this scary chair lift out over the pier in Daytona Beach! I was the most scared! Waylon & Zane thought it was neat and Ash kindly pointed out all the RUSTY welds holding it together! I was freaked! I had to close my eyes a few times!


And this is Ash's new beany Racing hat! He's really cool now!
No comments:
Post a Comment