Thursday, April 16, 2009

OSOYOOS, April 2009

SO we took off for Osoyoos last Thurs. It took us 13 HOURS to get there and we were officially BEAT and tired of driving/sitting. On top of that Ash and I could barely move as we started Body for Life last Monday and therefore had the worst case of sore muscles you've ever seen! We were slightly pathetic! We stopped at McDonald's 3 times that day and each time managed to get thru without eating grease!! Hooraayyy for us! That is a HUGE accomplishment for those who dont know how often we go there!! Anyways, we made it! Friday we helped clean out Gramma's garage, OR Ash did I should say, I'm really not that much help! I hopped in for a load to the dump but of course Trey cried the whole way there and back so I wasnt much help. Gramma Charlene managed to scrounge a bike from the dump that happened to be the EXACT same bike that Waylon had at home, so we just had to steal a seat of a different one and get some new tires and TADA! Waylon had a bike to ride. Zane of course was dissappointed in the tricycle that Grampa found, not being JOHN DEERE and all!
Saturday we flew down to the USA and got royally ripped off on DUTY. Rotten place anyways! I will NOT be shopping there again anytime soon! Then we went up to Penticton to visit Tracey. [She's my friend that moved away=( ] and the boys had lots of fun playing with Dallas again! Except for Zane's issues with getting along with other kids.. But we wont tell that! And then we went over to Great-Great Uncle Phil and Great-Great Aunty Marg's for coffee. The boys wore them out I'm sure just by watching them! And they hadnt even had CHOCOLATE yet!

Sunday we had an Easter Egg Hunt and the boys were very delighted to get chocolate! Especially that left by a RABBIT! Innocence is so cute! Uncle Merlin, Colten, Aunty Carol , Uncle Ray, Kurtis & Kolby all came home from crabbing at the coast and FILLED Gramma's house. As I was putting Trey to bed that night I REdiscovered, THE WIMMERS ARE A LOUD BUNCH!!!!! Cant believe I could actually forget something like that! Here I wa thinkin it was a Thue trait that Zane had inherited!!!!!

Monday brought closet building at Aunty Rae & Uncle Merlin's and the boys played with Tia and Colten ALL day. They are now their heros! And Waylon is STILL hoping that Tia can have fun even without him there! I didnt know he was that conceited already but apparently... life is just BORING without him, according to him!

Tuesday brought bawling and crying in the form of Waylon, informing me that he just "wasn't going to make this LONG journey home". Surprise, surprise, he made it. Then he told me he really "didnt appreciate driving so far" Guess he's learning new words!! AND of course why cant we just live there so we didnt have to drive, which Ash seconded BUT there is a little matter of NO oilfield presense there and WHAT would we do?
Well Trey is being CRANKY. so thats the end of this!
The jello Trey helped make and then got to try!
Ash's babysitting skills!

Visiting Uncle Phil and Aunty Marg.

The Easter Egg Hunt.

Amusing small minds on Easter Sunday! Good thing there was enuf to go around!!

Our Favorite TIA!

Aunty Carol & Kurtis entertaining Trey!

What a view! LOVE it there!

A very tired couple a boys! Trey was obviously still sleeping as I was in the fron still!

Clayton & Kayce's brand new baby kitties. There are five still! They were born yesterday!

1 comment:

CS said...

It's a good thing we forget what long trips are like ... or we'd never go anywhere until the kids were 15! At least I'm hoping it is easier by then!